Join the team, we are hiring!
We are currently searching for a personable, enthusiastic and creative assistant to join our growing team in an exciting opportunity. Our ideal candidates are tapped into the fashion landscape and are highly creative, highly organized and great communication skills.
This position meets 1-2 times a week, hourly rate starting at $11-15, located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Scheduling and creating social media post/calendar for Instagram and Facebook
- Organizing photo shoots, finding models and location, working with photographer
- Communicating with local vendors and clients through email and phone calls
- Attending and representing Selvedge at appointments, trade shows, and events
- Packaging and shipping orders
- Create inspiration boards and style concepts
- Maintain and organize fabrics, patterns, sample racks, and label samples
- Maintain seasonal design development history for current and future reference
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- Reliable and responsible
- Strong work ethic
- Good customer service skills
- Creative writer
- Self-motivated and proactive
- MUST be able to multitask
Knowledge in Hootsuite or other social media scheduling app
Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
Familiarity with garment construction
Sketching designs and creating tech packs
Basic knowledge of pattern-making, fabric sourcing, woven processes
Sketch in a MAC environment
Shopify, Etsy, Wordpress and Mailchimp knowledge is a PLUS
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start on April 30, 2019.